I found a tag at Dreamcatcher’s, and I helped myself to it. It seemed to suit. 🙂
10 things I miss
- Home: Curd rice. 🙂 My brother, that fool. Small things.
- My books in one place and reachable.
- Hostel at college and all those late night chats. Exam times. Yes, really.
- Being in touch with friends. Knowing what’s up with everyone whom I want to know what’s up with.
- The time to read aitmiyaan-se.
- Being less cynical. And less worried. And so, World Peace. It seems that the world was nicer before.
- Free Sundays.
- Jalebi from Chitoor Bus Stand and friends who would take me there after I’ve cried my eyes out.
- Old friends who aren’t friends anymore.
- Enjoying Tirupati and Uttiramerur.
10 things I dream of doing in the next decade
- Live in Europe.
- Go bungee jumping off those cliffs in Australia, somehow.
- Work in Harvard – systems biology.
- Meet those people I’ve been planning to meet for years, but haven’t.
- Get married.
- Visit both Egypt and Israel. And Russia. And Japan. Possibly live in Japan.
- Write that book.
- Do meaningful research.
- Paint. Learn the Veena – what little I knew, I must have forgotten. Speak French and Italian fluently.
- Visit the Himalayas. Uttar Kashi or something. Also, Gwalior. Udaipur. Write in Tamil. And Hindi.
Don’t quibble. Some of those things are petty, perhaps, meaningless, perhaps, foolish perhaps. But that’s what I want to do. And eventually, I will. I hope.
Here’s to a new year:
pallandu petru palla kodi vazhgai;
[live long and prosper.]
what’s begun badly, goes smoothly later. I hope.